The new IU Media School, which will officially come into existence on July 1, 2014, will be housed in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU Bloomington. It will serve as the university’s pre-eminent site for teaching, research and service about the understanding and production of media. In doing so, it will unite the faculties of the School of Journalism, the Department of Communication and Culture, and the Department of Telecommunications.
Journalism’s Lesa Hatley Major will serve as associate dean of the new school.
- Learn more at The Media School FAQ page.
- Read a Q&A recap of the roundtable discussion with alumni Nov. 20.
- Read news story on the roundtable discussion with alumni Nov. 20.
- Read the transcript of a Nov. 12 online chat with Major.
Committees and tasks forces:
- Provost Lauren Robel's letter to faculty of journalism, telecommunications and communications and culture (PDF format). (Oct. 18, 2013)
- Trustees approve new Media School. (Oct. 18, 2013)
- In a letter to faculty, College of Arts and Sciences Executive Associate Dean Larry Singell announces Lesa Hatley Major as associate dean of the proposed new media school. (Oct. 18, 2013)
- More background information
Questions or comments?
- Contact Lesa Hatley Major, interim dean of the School of Journalism and associate dean for The Media School.