By: Emily Campion and Eric Kiptoo
There is no sound.
Also by Emily Campion
Travel updates from Emily Campion
- Cathartic walk in the rainforest
- ‘These stories are a precious gift’
- Witnessing many acts of gentle kindness
- Learning about palliative care
- Day by the river nets a language lesson
- Decompressing at the Cool Stream
- Connected, and just in time for reporting
- RX: Fresh air and sunlight
- On HIV/AIDS, children and a shared smile
- When it rains in Kenya…
About Emily Campion
Emily Campion delayed her graduation until August, when she’ll receive a bachelor’s degree in journalism, so she could join the class. In December and January, she worked with a non-governmental organization in Rwanda. The experience inspired her to return to Africa to focus on the relationships between local citizens and foreign-funded organizations working on development.
“Reporters working in situations as vulnerable as HIV/AIDs should have a clear understanding of their role in providing a safe space for people to share their views and their personal experiences,” she said.
Her reporting partner was Eric Kiptoo.