SoJ Web Report | Jan. 30, 2013
|Graduation To-Do List:|
Anyone graduating in May, August, December or May 2014 should apply now to start the process, according to school recorder Jean Person. The form to apply is online.
If you plan to graduate in August or December, you must file for degree completion before you register for classes. Summer registration is March 21-28 and early fall registration is April 1-26.
- If you are planning a journalism specialization, note that info on your application for degree completion. Keep the form until you record the last grade for your last specialization class.
- If you are a senior who plans to file for May, August or December 2013, or May 2014 degree completion, add your degree completion date to the form when you turn it in.
- If you are completing your last course during your final semester, please submit the specialization form once you are enrolled in that last class.
Person said journalism majors should file for graduation a year in advance to ensure that they have proper guidance from advisers to meet their course requirements and deadlines.
To set up an appointment, sign up in academic adviser Lauren Kinzer’s appointment book in EP 200. Person accepts walk-ins.
For more information, check out the School of Journalism graduation page and the Indiana University commencement Web site.
- The IU Bookstore offers cap and gown rental. All graduates must wear caps and gowns to take part in commencement. You also may purchase announcements and diploma frames at the bookstore at the IMU.
- Find out all about IU Commencement at IU at this link.
Questions? Comments? Email the Web editor.