|Photo by Mark Felix|
|Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh was the school's first spring 2013 Speaker Series guest.|
The Journalism Faculty Lectureship brings to campus an exemplary media professional or a distinguished media scholar. The lecturer is nominated and chosen by IU Journalism faculty.
All lectures are free and open to the public.
Many of our guests also have been interviewed on Profiles, the radio interview show on WFIU the Bloomington-area NPR affiliate.
- Author Sonia Nazario (2014)
- Photojournalist Robert Nickelsberg (2014)
- David Ignatius of The Washington Post (2014)
- David Sanger of The New York Times (2013)
- Maria Hinojosa, executive producer of America by the Numbers with Maria Hinojosa (2013)
- CBS and 60 Minutes broadcaster Byron Pitts (2013)
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran, author and former bureau chief in Baghdad (2013)
- Andrew Ferguson, senior editor at The Weekly Standard (2013)
- Journalist and author Andrew Lam (2012)
- Author David Margolick (2012)
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan (2011)
- Chicago Tribune editor Gerry Kern (2011)
- Journalist and author Sheryl WuDunn (2010)
- Writer and critic Ken Auletta (2010)
- Journalist and author Gay Talese (2010)
- 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft (2009)
- Economist and Beautiful Mind author Sylvia Nasar (2009)
- NPR president and CEO Vivian Schiller (2009)
- NPR’s All Things Considered co-host Michelle Norris (2007)
- CNN correspondent Andrea Koppel (2008)
- The Will Counts Memorial Lecture on Photojournalism featured alumni Michel du Cille, BA'85; Melissa Farlow, BA'84; and Bill Foley, '77, BA'07.
- The Roy W. Howard Lecture on Media Leadership featured alumni Gerry Kern, BA'71; Paul Tash, BA'76; and moderator Carrie Ritchie, BAJ'08.
- A Conversation with Magazine Editors featured Christie Griffin, BAJ'04; Colin Kearns, BAJ'04; Chad Millman, BA'93; and Chandra Czape Turner, BAJ'96.
- Contact Director of Communications and Media Relations Anne Kibbler.