Whether you are transitioning to a new career in journalism or you are a working communicator who wants to expand your skills, IU Journalism has a plan for you.
Our master’s degree offers experiences that are both broad and deep, thanks to the journalists-professors who serve as your mentors, and the travel, internship and workshop opportunities that extend your learning beyond Ernie Pyle Hall. Choose to specialize in one area, such as digital journalism, or develop a broader view of the fast-changing media industry.
Through these experiences, you’ll perfect your pragmatic “how-to” skills and refine your critical thinking about the many of the issues of our day – ethics in a digital age, freedom of information around the globe, analysis of datasets and research to use in enterprise projects.
Armed with your degree, you will be ready to build your career in this evolving field. Our 10,000 alumni around the world have found their niches, and you can, too.
- Design your personal program to meet your goals.
- Learn more about the professors who will guide your work.
- Explore media in locations from China to Australia to Europe through travel courses.
- Meet your new colleagues and hear their reflections on the IU experience, and see what the IU experience is like for international students.
- Check out the Journalism Graduate Student Organization.
- Look at campus and area media organizations where you can practice what you are learning.
- See what it’s like to live in one of the nation’s top small cities.
- Learn more about life at Indiana University.
- Get the application process rolling.
- Come for a visit: We’ll be glad to arrange a personal visit to suit your schedule. Call Graduate Admissions Service Coordinator Josh Bennett to set up a date, 812-855-1701.
- Interim Dean Lesa Hatley Major, 812-855-9249
- Graduate Admissions Service Coordinator Josh Bennett, 812-855-1701