SoJ Web Report | Feb. 3, 2013
Here is the spring schedule:
- Feb. 5: Lu Wei of Zhejang University, "Social Media and Digital Inequalities in China"
- Feb. 12: Faculty, "Job Talks in Academia"
- Feb. 19: Doctoral student Maureen Savage, "Will You Listen? An examination of credibility in radio"
- Feb. 26: Faculty, "Publishing and Ethics of Authorship in Academia"
- March 5: Professor Claude Cookman, "Look's Team in Havana: An American reporter and Swiss photographer find different realities in Cuba after the missile crisis"
- March 19: Fil Menczer, School of Informatics and Computer Science, "Tracking the Diffusion of Ideas in Social Media"
- March 26: Doctoral candidate Kioko Ireri, "Constructing a Portrait of Kenyan Journalists in the 21st Century: Demographics, job satisfaction and influences on news values and autonomy"
- April 2: Betsi Grabe, Department of Telecommunications, "Revisiting the knowledge gap through visual measures"
- April 9: Professors Lars Willnat and Jae Kook Lee and doctoral candidate Jihyang Choi, "Social Media and Political Engagement in the 2012 U.S. and Korean Presidential Elections"
- April 16: Doctoral student Sangwon Park, "Globalization and Korean Media Studies: Research agendas from 2000-12"
- April 16: Doctoral student Shi Li, "From April 5 to June 4: Chinese photography between 1976-89"
Questions? Comments? Email the Web editor.